Ultimate 2.5 Ton Hybrid Axle
This axle addresses the two problem areas of a stock 2.5 ton Rockwell axle, the axle shafts, and the spindles by replacing them with 5 ton steering knuckles and components.
Custom made to your specifications. Practically any width you want and any pinion shaft offset. This is a complete axle assembly – not just shafts.
The Gearhart Engineering 2.5 Ton Hybrid Axle features 2 1/8″ diameter 16 spline 5 Ton axle shafts with huge 850 series U joints. Or upgrade to 2 piece 2 1/8″ diameter 16 spline 4340 alloy shafts with EVEN LARGER “Gearhart Engineering Exclusive” U joints.
Advantages of Stock 5 Ton Axle Shaft:
- Cheaper replacement cost
- Readily available from other suppliers throughout the country
Advantages of Hybrid 2 Piece 4340 Alloy Axle Shaft:
- Cheaper to replace shaft only instead of entire yoke and shaft assembly
- Available in various materials (such as 300M)
- 2 1/8 diameter 16 spline features 1.950″ minor diameter which is the true diameter of the shaft
- Also available in 2 3/8″ 46 spline (machining of differential case required)
- Steering axle starting at $3750 per axle
- Non-steering axle starting at $2500 per axle (includes locker less brakes and comes with 10 bolt hubs 11.250 Bolt circle)
- Stock 2.5 ton 6 bolt hubs
- Billet aluminum 2.5 ton 6 bolt hubs $470 each
- Cast aluminum 10 bolt hubs 11.250 bolt circle
- Cast aluminum 5 bolt hubs 11.250 bolt circle
- Fully welded housing instead of bolted knuckle.
- Welded axle truss
- Rezeppa style CV joint
- now available in one piece 4340 chrome moloy shafts with Gearhart Engineering exclusive u-joint
- Also available using an F106 faceloader gear section